Looking for a healthier chocolate fix that only takes a few minutes to make? Look no further! This is the BEST vegan chocolate mousse you will ever make! It’s a magical, two ingredient dark chocolate mousse that you can whip up in no time!
This vegan chocolate mousse is so good! It looks fancy, like it would be really complicated to make, but it really isn’t – looks can be so deceiving at times!
This mousse is creamy, decadent, and rich in chocolate!
WHAT MAKES THIS RECIPE STAND OUT:
- You can make it in less than 20 minutes!
- It’s vegan, so there are no eggs or cream.
- This recipe doesn’t have any unusual ingredients that are often included in vegan desserts! No tofu, no aquafaba (water used in cooking chickpeas!), no avocado, no gelatin – no fuss! Just 2 simple ingredients are all you need!
- It’s low in sugar, making it a lot healthier than your average mousse.
- It looks pretty when piped into glass dishes and would be great for dinner parties!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE THIS VEGAN CHOCOLATE MOUSSE:
Couverture chocolate: This is a high-quality chocolate, perfect for melting and baking. You need one with a high percentage of cocoa butter, at least 70%. The one I use is 72% and I really think this high amount of cocoa butter helps to make the mousse thick. In addition, it has a much richer flavor.
Coconut milk: Coconut milk is usually my go-to whenever I want to replace heavy cream for a lighter dessert. For this recipe, you do not taste the coconut at all! It just blends well with the couverture chocolate – a real dream to work with!
WHAT COCONUT MILK TO USE
Make sure the coconut milk you are using is NOT in a carton.
The coconut milk that’s in a carton won’t work for this recipe. It isn’t the same as the one in the can – it’s much too watery. You need canned coconut milk, just make sure it’s unsweetened.
I experimented with 2 different kinds of coconut milk: light and full fat. I didn’t really see much of a difference, despite the fact that the regular coconut milk is thicker than the lighter one.
WHAT CHOCOLATE TO USE
I tested this recipe with 2 different kinds of couverture chocolate: one with 54% cocoa butter and one with 72% cocoa butter. The 54% made the dessert much creamier and more like a pudding rather than a mousse, but it thickened in the fridge after a few hours. However, with the 72% , the texture was perfect and it was much thicker! So definitely use chocolate that has at least 70% cocoa butter.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do you store this mousse?
I cover it with plastic wrap and keep it in the refrigerator.
How long does it last?
This dessert lasts for about 4 days in the refrigerator.
HOW TO MAKE THIS TWO INGREDIENT VEGAN CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
I think this is the easiest recipe on the blog! Seriously, it only takes 2 simple steps and a few minutes!
Put the can of coconut milk in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Take it out of the freezer, pour it into a bowl and beat it for 1 minute.
Add the melted chocolate and beat for exactly 2 minutes.
You can either melt the chocolate either by putting it in the microwave in 30 second increments, or by putting it in a bowl over just simmering water and stirring it until it melts. I personally like melting it over hot water – that way I know I won’t risk scorching it.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- This fluffy vegan mousse is practically foolproof!
- You really need couverture chocolate with a high cocoa ratio for best results. It’s really smooth and perfect for this recipe and creates the right texture. However, if you can’t get it, use dark chocolate, instead.
VARIATIONS, ADD-INS & TOPPINGS
- Add a shot of your favorite alcohol! I think mint liquor would be nice!
- Top with your favorite nuts or fruit. I love topping it with chocolate shavings or ground Oreo cookies!
- Go totally overboard and drizzle some chocolate syrup over it!
MORE NO-BAKE VEGAN RECIPES
Let me know how this easy fluffy vegan mousse turns out for you in the comments below! I’d love to hear from you!
Easy Fluffy Vegan Chocolate Mousse (Only 2 Ingredients)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (400 ml / 13.5 fl oz)
- 8.8 oz (250 g) dark chocolate (or couverture chocolate), at least 70%, melted*
- chocolate shavings (optional)
- Put the can of coconut milk in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Take it out of the freezer, pour it into a bowl and beat it for 1 minute.
- Add the melted chocolate and beat for EXACTLY 2 minutes.
- Divide the mousse into serving bowls or glasses or use a piping bag to do so.
- Serve with chocoalte shavings, if using.