This strawberry banana chocolate smoothie is thick, creamy and full of chocolate! Satisfy your sweet tooth without feeling guilty!
Of course, that doesn’t mean I don’t like anything healthy!
One of the main reasons I started this blog is because I love experimenting with just about anything that’s sweet, and that includes healthy stuff, too, like smoothies!
This healthy chocolate strawberry smoothie is perfect for breakfast! If you love chocolate banana smoothies, you'll love this recipe!
Why this recipe works
- It's quick and easy to make. This chocolate banana strawberry smoothie is ready in less than 10 minutes!
- It’s customizable. You can easily adjust the amount of fruit in the recipe or you could also add your favorite, like blueberries or raspberries.
- It’s healthy. This banana strawberry smoothie is sugar free! There is no added sugar at all!
- It tastes great. You will love this chocolate fruit smoothie!
What does this strawberry banana chocolate smoothie taste like?
This chocolate strawberry banana smoothie is thick and creamy. It’s also really refreshing and filling, too! What I like the most, though, is that it tastes like dessert, almost like a milkshake!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Ingredients for strawberry banana chocolate smoothie
- Banana: I use 1 frozen banana.
- Strawberries: I use fresh strawberries that I freeze myself, although store-bought frozen strawberries would be fine, too!
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: I use Dutch-processed cocoa powder, but you could use natural cocoa powder, too. Not sure what the difference is between Dutch-processed cocoa powder and natural cocoa powder? Read my post about it here!
- Chocolate chips: I use a few semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, but you could use milk chocolate, instead.
- Milk: I use unsweetened almond milk, but regular milk or any other plant-based milk will work, too.
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
Put everything in a blender!
Blend it all together for about 1-2 minutes and enjoy!
ADD-INS & VARIATIONS
There are so many ways to enjoy your smoothie! Here are a few ideas:
Make it sweeter
To me, this smoothie is sweet enough, but if you want even sweeter, feel free to add your preferred sweetener, like honey, sugar, or maple syrup.
Make it vegan
Easily make this smoothie vegan by using your favorite plant-based milk and vegan chocolate chips!
Add more protein
Add some peanut butter, protein powder or a little bit of Greek yogurt. Chia seeds would also be a great option for extra protein.
Add different toppings
You can top this smoothie with some crushed nuts or fresh fruit. You could also top it with some grated chocolate or crushed Oreo cookies, if you want something more indulgent!
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
I like having smoothies right away, so I do not recommend storing this smoothie for later.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The only thing I would make ahead for this smoothie is freezing the fruit. You could easily chop fresh strawberries into pieces and then freeze them. I always freeze bananas whole and keep them in the freezer. I wouldn’t suggest making the entire smoothie in advance because it doesn’t taste as fresh.
Yes! But I like using frozen fruit because it makes the smoothie nice and thick without adding any ice. If you want to use fresh fruit, you’ll need to add some ice to make it thick. You might also need to add a little less milk.
I think 1 - 2 minutes is enough.
Apart from being really healthy, bananas also add natural sweetness to smoothies. Bananas also give smoothies that characteristic creamy texture, especially when they’re frozen in advance.
MORE HEALTHY RECIPES TO TRY!
Let me know how this strawberry banana chocolate smoothie turns out for you in the comments below! I’d love to hear from you!
Strawberry Banana Chocolate Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (about 5-6 small strawberries)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup milk (regular or plant-based)
- 2 ½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- Put all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend everything until it's smooth and creamy.