This virgin mojito recipe with Sprite is a cool and refreshing non alcoholic drink! An easy mojito mocktail that's a perfect summer drink!
This mocktail recipe is a summer favorite! It's also a great way to cool off when it gets too hot! A simple mojito recipe without alcohol!
Why this recipe works
- Easy. If you want to learn how to make mojito at home without alcohol, you'll love this sprite virgin mojito recipe! With just 4 ingredients, this drink comes together fast!
- Quick. This drink is ready in about 5 minutes.
- Delicious. This refreshing drink is really good and tastes a lot like the real cocktail!
- Customizable. Don’t have Sprite? Use club soda or sparkling water and your favorite liquid sweetener, instead.
- Great for entertaining. This recipe is perfect for small gatherings or even a crowd!
- Alcohol free mojito. This non alcoholic mojito recipe is suitable for kids or anyone who doesn’t drink alcohol!
What does this non alcoholic mojito drink taste like?
This mocktail has a delicious lemon-lime flavor thanks to the Sprite. The addition of fresh lime juice makes it incredibly refreshing and bright. The fresh mint leaves gives the drink a similar mint-lime flavor like the alcoholic drink. To be honest, though, I didn't really miss the rum! It was that good!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
Ingredients for non alcoholic mojito with sprite
- Limes: I use both lime juice and whole limes.
- Sprite: I love Sprite! If you want, you can use your favorite lemon-flavored carbonated drink or club soda, or any sparkling beverage you like. If your sparkling beverage doesn't have any sugar, you can add a liquid sweetener.
- Mint: I use fresh mint leaves. The fresh mint makes this drink really invigorating!
- Ice: I use ordinary ice cubes, but you could also use crushed ice! Or you could use flavored ice.
HOW TO MAKE NON ALCOHOLIC MOJITO
Divide the mint leaves between 2 glasses. Add 1-2 tablespoons of lime juice to each glass and muddle for about 1 minute. If you don't have a muddler, just use the back of a wooden spoon like I did.
Add lime slices or wedges, then the ice. Add the sprite. Then garnish with additional slices of lime or lime wedges and fresh mint leaves or sprigs of mint.
You can use a cocktail shaker and a muddler to make this recipe, instead of glasses.
Muddling the mint leaves helps to release all the amazing essential oils! This will give your drinks a unique aroma and it will also make them lot more flavorful!
You can still make this drink even if you don't have a muddler! Here are a few other items you could use:
1. Wooden Spoon
This is probably the easiest alternative for a muddler because it's one of the most available kitchen utensils. I use the tip of the handle to gently muddle the mint leaves and it works like a charm!
2. Rolling Pin
An ordinary rolling pin or a French rolling pin is another great alternative! Just make sure it's clean and there are no traces of food on it before using.
3. Mortar and Pestle
A mortar and pestle is a great substitute for a muddler. Of course, you want to make sure there aren't any traces of spices on it!
I serve these in all kinds of glasses. You can serve them in highball glasses or even mason jars, if you like!
VARIATIONS & SUBSTITUTIONS
You can definitely make this mocktail with drinks other than sprite. Here are a few ideas:
- Try this recipe with a flavored soda or sparkling water. I think ginger ale would be a nice choice, too!
- Add a tablespoon of non alcoholic rum to each glass to make it taste like the original drink.
- For an alcoholic version, add 2 ounces (60 ml) of white rum per glass, together with 1-2 teaspoons of sugar (or your favorite liquid sweetener) and add sparkling water or club soda in place of the Sprite!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A mojito drink without alcohol is called a virgin mojito.
A classic mojito has fresh mint, sugar, lime juice, white rum and club soda. A virgin mojito, however, doesn't contain any alcohol and is often called a mocktail because of this.
You can easily replace the rum with a non alcoholic rum.
Let me know how this virgin mojito recipe with sprite turns out for you in the comments below! I’d love to hear from you!
Virgin Mojito Recipe With Sprite
- 16-20 large mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice (or more to taste)
- 2 limes, sliced or cut into wedges, plus more for garnish
- Sprite (about 2 cups)
- enough ice cubes to fill 2 glasses
- Divide the mint leaves between 2 glasses. Add 2 tablespoons lime juice to each glass and muddle for about 1 minute. If you don't have a muddler, just use the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add lime slices or wedges, then the ice. Add the sprite. Then garnish with additional slices of lime or lime wedges and fresh mint leaves or sprigs of mint.
- Serve immediately.