This warm pomegranate and apple mocktail is a perfect spiced drink for a cozy evening at home! It only has 5 ingredients and it’s incredibly easy to make! A delicious non-boozy winter drink that’s healthy and sugar free!
Nothing beats a warm drink on a cold winter day! This mocktail really fits the bill! It’s bursting with all of my favorite flavors and is absolutely perfect on a cold winter’s night! I’m not much of a tea drinker, so this is also a great alternative to hot tea!
The best thing about this recipe is that you only need 5 ingredients!
Here’s what you need:
- Apple & Pomegranate juice : I use unsweetened 100% apple & pomegranate juice without added sugar or spices.
- Spices: I use a few cinnamon sticks and whole cloves.
- Orange peel: This is totally optional, but I think it really adds a nice citrus touch.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is pomegranate and apple mocktail healthy?
Yes! Apples and pomegranates are one of the healthiest fruits around! They’re loaded with all kinds of nutrients, like fiber, protein, and various vitamins! They also offer many health benefits, including anti-inflammatory properties.
What does this pomegranate and apple mocktail taste like?
It’s very similar to hot mulled apple cider, but the pomegranate juice adds a nice tartness. What I really like the most about this mocktail, though, is how well pomegranate juice pairs with the spices! It’s delicately spiced and the overall flavor is balanced by the sweetness of the apple juice. It’s such a delicious combination! If you like , you can make it sweeter by adding sugar, honey or maple syrup.
How long does this pomegranate and apple mocktail last?
This drink lasts about 2-3 days in the fridge. It can easily be reheated. If you want you could even enjoy it cold.
Can I use freshly squeezed pomegranate juice?
Yes! For this recipe you’d need the juice from about 3 pomegranates.
HOW TO MAKE WARM POMEGRANATE AND APPLE MOCKTAIL
I usually have picture tutorials in my posts, but this recipe is so simple that I didn’t think having pictures was necessary! All you do is put everything in a saucepan and simmer! Then you strain it into a mug and enjoy!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH WARM POMEGRANATE AND APPLE MOCKTAILS
I think these mocktails are great with some apple or pear slices.
perhaps a slice (or 2) of this amazing apple rose tart with dulce de leche OMG!!! What a combination!
- I think that mint really goes well with pomegranate. You cold just add a few sprigs of mint in the saucepan with the other ingredients.
- For a Greek twist, add 1-2 drops of food grade orange blossom water or rose water in each mug!
- Add some red wine or Mavrodaphne wine for a mulled drink, or turn it into a cocktail by adding some bourbon!
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- You need to simmer everything for at least 20 minutes. This allows all the flavors to infuse.
- If you find the mocktail too tart, feel free to add your favorite sweetener. I think honey, dark brown sugar, or maple syrup all go well with this mocktail.
This comforting drink would be great to have when you want to wind down at the end of the day! It’s perfect in front of a blazing fire or enjoy sipping it next to a firepit! And your house will smell amazing, too!
MORE POMEGRANATE RECIPES!
Let me know how this Warm Pomegranate and Apple Mocktail turns out for you in the comments below! I’d love to hear from you!
Warm Pomegranate and Apple Mocktail
- 2 cups unsweetened 100% apple juice (no added spices)
- 1 cup unsweetened 100% pomegranate juice
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks + 2-3 additional cinnamon sticks for garnish
- 1 slice orange peel (optional)
- sweetener of choice (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan and bring the mixture to a low boil on medium heat.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for about 20-30 minutes.
- Strain and serve warm. Taste and add your favorite sweetener, if using.
- Pour into glasses or mugs and garnish with a cinnamon stick. Serve immediately.