HEALTHY TAHINI BREAKFAST COOKIES – VEGAN, GF, REFINED SUGAR FREE, OIL FREE
These healthy tahini breakfast cookies are soft and chewy and made with wholesome ingredients. They are also vegan, naturally gluten free, refined sugar free, oil free, and totally fuss-free!
Servings: 16 cookies
- ½ cup (125 g / 4 oz) sugar free tahini
- ¼ cup (75 ml / 3 fl oz) maple syrup
- ¾ cups (70 g / 2.5 oz) old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup (70 g / 2.5 oz) walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup (40 g / 1.4 oz) dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- a pinch of ground nutmeg
- a pinch of ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large bowl, add all the ingredients and mix until just combined using a silicone/rubber spatula.
Form balls with a cookie scoop or spoon. Each ball should weigh about 25 g (0.88 oz). Place them on a baking sheet.*
Gently press each ball with the palm of your hand to flatten slightly. Don't make them too flat.
Bake for 10 - 12 minutes. They will turn light brown on the bottom rather than the edges. Leave them on the baking sheet for another 5 minutes.
Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for about 5-6 days.
* The size of your cookies before you bake them will determine the overall servings. I suggest weighing each ball of dough so that the cookies bake uniformly.
For this recipe each piece of dough I weighed was about 25 g / 0.88 oz, which resulted in 16 cookies.
© Pastry Wishes