Greek Pastelli Salad (Healthy + Easy)
This unique vegetarian Greek salad is healthy and nutritious. It’s made with ancient Greek sesame bars called Pastelli that are easy to make at home.
Servings 4 -5 approximately (as a side dish)
For the salad
- 1 packet salad mix (7 oz / 200 g) with radicchio, arugula, baby spinach and lettuce, pre-washed
- 2 oranges, cut into segments or small pieces
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- ¼ cup (40 g / 1.4 oz) dried cranberries
- 3 oz / 100 g pastelli, cut into cubes (See Recipe Notes below for the link to the recipe)
For the Vinaigrette Dressing
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
Add all the ingredients for the salad in a large bowl and toss everything together.
To make the vinaigrette dressing, add all the ingredients to a jar, put the lid on, and shake very well.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
© Pastry Wishes
- Get the recipe for homemade Pastelli here.
- If you’re using fresh greens, I suggest blotting them with a towel to absorb as much water as possible after you wash them. Then place the greens on a clean kitchen towel and let them air dry until you’re ready to use them - I usually let them air dry for about half an hour.
- The vinaigrette dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.