These no-bake strawberry crunch cheesecake cones are delicious homemade treats and so easy to make! They're perfect, summertime snacks!
I absolutely love strawberries! When strawberry season comes, I always make a variety of strawberry desserts.
I particularly love making these yummy homemade strawberry cheesecake cones!
Why this recipe works
- It’s easy. These strawberry crunch cheesecake cones are so incredibly easy to make, you’ll be making them all summer long! This is a really simple stuffed ice cream cone recipe.
- It’s a no-bake dessert. Exactly what you need when it’s hot!
- Perfect for gatherings. This recipe is great for birthday parties or get-togethers.
What do these strawberry crunch cheesecake cones taste like?
The ice cream cones are dipped in melted white chocolate and then sprinkled with some strawberry crunch topping, adding a nice texture! The cream cheese filling is slightly tangy and tastes like strawberry shortcake! Finally, the cones are topped with fresh juicy strawberries! If you like strawberries and cream or strawberry shortcake, you’ll probably like this dessert, too!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
Ingredients for strawberry crunch cheesecake stuffed cones & strawberry crunch topping
Strawberry crunch topping: I make my own crunch topping. It’s an easy no-bake recipe and you only need 3 ingredients which I included in the photo above. You can find the recipe here. You'll need about 2-3 tablespoons per cone.
Ice cream cones: I use sugar cones, but you could also use waffle cones, wafer cones, or your favorite ice cream cones.
Strawberries: I use a few fresh strawberries for the topping.
Cream cheese: I use full fat cream cheese.
Sugar: I use powdered sugar for the filling
Heavy cream: I use heavy whipping cream for the filling. I always make my own whipped cream (because it tastes so much better than store-bought), but you could use cool whip or another similar ready-made whipped topping.
Vanilla: I use pure vanilla extract.
White chocolate: It makes the perfect coating for the sugar cones and pairs well with strawberries!
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY CRUNCH CHEESECAKE CONES
Beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. Set it aside.
Whip the heavy cream and vanilla with a tablespoon powdered sugar to stiff peaks.
Fold the whipped cream mixture into the cheese mixture until everything is well combined. Then refrigerate the filling while preparing the sugar cones.
Melt the white chocolate and dip each cone in it. Tap out excess chocolate.
Put some of the strawberry crunch topping in a bowl or small baking dish. Use a spoon to coat the cones with the strawberry crunch topping. Coat the remaining cones and let them sit upside down in the strawberry crunch topping to dry, about 5-10 minutes.
Transfer the cream cheese filling to a piping bag and pipe it into each cone. If you don't have a piping bag, you could spoon the filling into the cones, but a pastry bag makes things a lot easier and faster!
Then add some chopped strawberries on top.
Before making the whipped cream, I always put a metal bowl in the freezer for at least 10 minutes. When I pour the cold heavy whipping cream into the cold bowl, it whips much faster!
These cones are best eaten the day they are made, but you could store them in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
I have frozen these cones, but after a day the cones became really soft and lost their crunch. Therefore, I don't suggest freezing this dessert.
Generally speaking, the longer they’re in the freezer, the softer the cones become.
VARIATIONS & TOPPINGS
I love serving these right away with fresh strawberries!
Here are a few more ways to enjoy these strawberry crunch cheesecake cones:
- Make cheesecake stuffed waffle cones instead of using sugar cones!
- I really like adding some more strawberry crunch crumbles inside each cone before adding the filling.
- Instead of fresh strawberries for the topping, you could add some more strawberry crunch topping!
- You could also drizzle them with some strawberry jam! To make it runnier, I put a few tablespoons of jam in a small bowl and heat it up in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Chocolate would be nice, too! You can drizzle them with some delicious homemade chocolate syrup!
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Determine what size cones you’ll be using before making this recipe. This recipe is enough for about 6-7 sugar cones which are about 5 inches (13cm) high. So if you want to use jumbo cones, you’ll need to double the ingredients.
- You could cover the entire cone in white chocolate instead of part of it, but you’d need more chocolate and strawberry crunch topping.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I would make the filling ahead and store it separately in the refrigerator. Then I would fill the cones right before serving. The cones tend to get soft if they’re left with the filling too long.
I usually place them in the freezer for a few minutes, just to make them cooler and more refreshing. I wouldn’t keep them longer than that, though, because the strawberries become rock hard and the cones get soft.
MORE DELICIOUS STRAWBERRY RECIPES!
Let me know how these strawberry crunch cheesecake cones turn out for you in the comments below! I’d love to hear from you!
Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake Cones
- 3.5oz / 100g full fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup (30g) +1 tablespoon (6g) powdered sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1.8oz / 50g white chocolate, chopped
- 6-7 sugar cones
- ½-1 cup strawberry crunch topping (see notes below for the recipe)
- 6-7 fresh strawberries, chopped
- Beat the cream cheese with ¼ cup (30g) powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. Set it aside.
- Whip the heavy cream with 1 tablespoon (6g) powdered sugar and vanilla to stiff peaks.
- Fold the whipped cream mixture into the cheese mixture until everything is well combined. Then refrigerate the filling for an hour.
- Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate. You can do it either over a double boiler or in 10 second increments in the microwave. Dip each cone in the chocolate. Tap out excess chocolate.
- Put some of the strawberry crunch topping in a bowl or small baking dish. Use a spoon to coat the cones with the strawberry crunch topping. Coat the remaining cones and let them sit upside down in the strawberry crunch topping to dry, about 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer the cream cheese filling to a piping bag and pipe it into each cone. Then add some chopped strawberries on top. Serve immediately.
- Click here for the strawberry crunch topping.
- These cones are best eaten the day they are made, but you could store them in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.